Pressure Equipment & Pressure Piping
Qualimet provides complete engineering and testing services for pressure equipment and its associated pressure piping .
Whether you require new equipment design, fabrication advice, auditing services, or ongoing quality services, Qualimet’s experienced engineers and technicians can help. We will deliver the combination of consulting and testing services you need to design, maintain, inspect, and operate your pressure equipment and pressure piping efficiently and safely.
Let us take the worry off your hands. Qualimet’s pressure equipment services include:
- engineering design for new pressure vessels and pressure piping
- review of tender specifications for quoting
- design and fabrication auditing
- development of Welding Procedure Specifications
- supplying code books and standards for pressure equipment and pressure piping
- development of pressure equipment and pressure piping quality manuals for registration with ABSA or other applicable jurisdiction
- technical support: materials & welding
- Jurisdictional Authority pressure system implementation audits (Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and other Canadian Provinces)
- quality assurance training
- pressure welder job testing
- pressure welder ABSA Performance Qualification (PQ) testing
- production testing – weldment tests
- pressure equipment quality control plan development and QC testing
- inspection, testing, and certification of pressure equipment & pressure piping (CWB, CSA, and ASME inspection standards, including ‘U’ Stamp, ‘A’ Stamp, and “B” pressure tests)
- supervision of repairs and alterations to pressure equipment, including hot taps (in-service welding)
- forensic failure analysis consulting
- hot tap procedures
- pneumatic calculation packages
Qualimet’s metallurgical, mechanical, and civil engineers are fully experienced at applying the codes and standards that govern the fabrication, use, and repair of pressure equipment: ASME Section I, II, IV, V, VIII Div 1, IX, ASME B31 Series, NBIC-23, and CSA B51, etc. All testwork is done in Qualimet’s own fully equipped metallurgical engineering laboratory by fully qualified technical staff.
For mobile pressure equipment (tank trucks), Qualimet’s Transport Canada Registered Design Engineers provide services to meet ABSA, ASME, CSA, and Transport Canada quality control guidelines.
Oilfield Steam Line Piping
Please see our SAGD and CSS steam line piping page.